AARM members: Receive a 20% discount on each course purchased.
Four-part series with Mary Bove, ND (3.75 hours total)
- Review of estrogen physiology, metabolism, and detoxification phases.
- Review of hormonal testing as a tool in therapeutic protocol planning.
- Evidence based review of therapeutic modalities in the treatment of estrogen dominance syndromes.
- Safety, benefit, application, and actions of botanicals used in the management of menstrual cycle disruptions, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, PMS, premature menopause, and infertility.
- Botanical, nutritional, hormonal, dietary and lifestyle interventions for autoimmune conditions from evidence-based research and clinical efficacy.
Non-member Price: $200
Member Price: $160
(2.75 CEU/1 CEU Pharmacy)
Three-part series with Edwin Lee, MD, and Mary Bove, ND (2.75 hours total)
- Toxicants like BPA in plastic bottles, parabens in personal care products, and phthalates in plastics are discussed, along with the role of environmental toxins being the root cause of hypogonadism. Diagnosis and treatment are reviewed.
- A review of using DHEA, Clomid, Enclomiphene, HCG, SARM and some new peptides in increasing testosterone in men without using testosterone.
- Review of current evidence-based research on Abnormal Spermatogenesis and Male Infertility.
- Botanical safety, interactions, dosing, and application review, along with therapeutic nutritional supplement support.
- Evidence-based research on mechanism, dosage, safety and contraindication of plants used for male fertility.
- Foods, nutritional interventions and lifestyle therapies to address male fertility based on current research and clinical case study.
- Review of the potential role of male herbal plant medicines in managing male fertility issues related to ROS, abnormal spermatogenesis, erectile dysfunction, hormonal decline and male endocrine dysfunction.
Seven-part series with Decker Weiss, NMD, and Chris Hobbs, PhD (7 hours total)
- Underlying mechanisms of heart disease in women and treating heart failure.
- Associated symptoms to watch for, as well as common risk factors.
- Prescription treatments are reviewed, as well as lifestyle changes including diet, nutrients, and herbs.
- Common obstacles to effective heart disease management and recommendations to overcome them.
- Case studies in naturopathic cardiology.
- Review of evidence-based herbs for treatment and prevention of cardiovascular conditions. Herbal mechanism of action, active constituents, dosage, contraindications, and review of safety issues for each herb.
Non-member Price: $350
Member Price: $280
(4.25 CEU/1 CEU Pharmacy)
Four-part series with Michaël Friedman, ND, Decker Weiss, NMD, Chris Hobbs, PhD, and Mary Bove, ND (4.25 hours total)
- Review of published research regarding nutritional deficiencies and excesses which can contribute to hypothyroidism as well as treatment considerations and lifestyle measures.
- Evidence-based suggestions that doctors can consider when treating symptomatic thyroid patients with Graves and Hashimoto’s Disease.
- Tips for improving differential diagnostic skills for conditions such as subclinical hyperthyroidism, thyrotoxicosis, toxic thyroid adenoma, thyroid autoimmune and more.
- Evidence-based review of science related to nutritional and botanical approaches to clinical immunology.
- Evidence-based review of herbal and natural treatments for autoimmune diseases and allergies. Evaluation of the safety and efficacy of pharmaceutical, nutritional and botanical approaches.
- Pharmacological strengths of specific phytochemicals in the management of acute illness.
- Use of immune botanicals as rapid response agents for application in acute situations such as colds, flu, and childhood infections such as acute ear infection. Application, dosing formulation and post infection strategies when using these plants. Botanicals covered include: Andrographis paniculata, Black Elderberry, Echinacea angustifolia, Echinacea purpurea, Pelargonium sidoides, Propolis extract, Thymus vulgaris, Garlic — Allium sativa
Three-part series with Mary Bove, ND (6 hours total)
- Overview of gastrointestinal disorders, including inflammatory bowel diseases, gut microbiome, GI infections, SIBO, digestive enzyme deficiency, the gut-brain axis, constipation and liver health.
- Review of evidence-based herbs for treatment and prevention of gastrointestinal conditions. Herbal mechanism of action, active constituents, dosage, contraindications, and review of safety issues for each herb.
- Relevant research studies are reviewed and critically evaluated. Clinical applications for reviewed herbs are presented, along with specific lifestyle and diet recommendations which should be implemented.
Non-member Price: $300
Member Price: $240
Three-part series with Decker Weiss, NMD, and Mary Bove, ND (3.5 hours total)
- Overview of neurological conditions, neurotransmitters, and the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and evidence-based review of herbal medicine treatments.
- Nervine and nootrophic herbs and the science that guides use and application.
- Herbal Brain tonics and actions, how to use them, and simple ways to use nootropic herbs in daily life and everyday cooking.
- Criteria for combining herbal nootropic plants for mental clarity and sharpness.
- Science of memory enhancing plants, how they interact in the brain physiology and the benefits they offer memory health.
- Application of botanical nervines in the management of sleep disorder, relaxation, and stress reduction.
- Specific application of nervine and nootropic botanicals, dose, and safety along with hints for daily use as super foods, beverages, aromas, and extracts.
- Discussion of Nootropic herbs such as saffron, spearmint, Lion’s Mane, and bacopa along with the science that guides their use and application. Other herbs discussed include gingko, gotu kola, rosemary, holy basil, and lemon balm.
- Simple ways to use nootropic herbs in daily life and hints for combining herbal nootropic plants for mental clarity and sharpness, in both long and short-term formulations.
- Herbal brain foods that nourish and restore the brain cells, the benefits of using mint tea as a brain booster, and other patient friendly recipes.
Non-member Price: $175
Member Price: $140
(2 CEU/1 CEU Pharmacy)
Two-part series with Edwin Lee, MD, and Gerrie Lindeque, MD (2 hours total)
- Review supporting research related to risk factors for developing cancer.
- Evidence-based guidelines for healthy diet choices.
- Review of research on nutrients and natural treatments in oncology.
Non-member Price: $50
Member Price: $40
Weight Management and Exercise
Three-part series with Denis Wilson, MD, and Carol Penn, MD (2.75 hours total)
- Review of the latest research on weight management, especially in African- Americans.
- Review of supporting research related to risk factors associated with obesity.
- Evidence-based guidelines for healthy diet choices especially in African-American populations.
- The role of physical activity and weight management in African-Americans.
- The signals the body sends us and the signals we send the body.
- How to integrate diet and exercise signaling for optimal benefits.
- The physiology of energy transfer in both the fed and non-fed state.
- Two forms of high-intensity signaling exercise and when to do them.
- Benefits of answering hunger with signaling exercise.
- How mindfulness practice, and movement impacts mood, neuroplasticity, and resilience.
- Evidence based literature on mind, mood and movement.
Hormones and Thyroid
Two-part series with Decker Weiss, NMD, and Gerrie Lindeque, MD (2 hours total)
- How inflammation damages the HPA-T (hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenal) axis and formation of sex hormones, thereby causing dysfunction of mood, insomnia, and fatigue.
- Pathophysiology of inflammation and HPA axis is reviewed. Pharmaceutical and natural treatments are reviewed based on published literature.
- Anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of the HPA-T axis and sex hormone dysfunction.
- Safety and interactions of nutrients, herbs and pharmaceutical options based on a review of published science.
- Signs and symptoms of adrenal cortex and medulla disorders and identification of HPA axis dysfunction.
- Evidence-based naturopathic and restorative medicine treatments using botanicals, adaptogenic and amphoteric herbs, nervines, hormones, cortisone, dexamethasone, amino acids and other nutrients to restore wellness.
Non-member Price: $50
Member Price: $40