The Foundations of Herbal Medicine module consists of 9.75 hours of presentations, organized into three categories: Herb Pharmacology (4.5 hours), Mitochondrial Function (3.25 hours), & Herb Mechanisms (2 hours).
4.5 hours required
The following presentations are recorded webinars which can be listened to at the convenience of the student. Student must pass the related quizzes with 75% or better. Repeated attempts are permitted:
- Herbs, Holism and Science: An Introduction to Phytochemistry, Pharmacology, and Pharmacokinetics -- 1.75 hours (Bove)
- The Need for Phytochemistry in Human Health and Ecological Pharmacology -- 2 hours (Spelman)
- Assessing Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion & Herb-Drug Interactions -- .75 hour (Zampieron)
The following 3 hours of Traditional Herbalism presentations are optional:
- Intro to Medical Herbalism: The Science and Practice of Herbal Medicine -- 1.5 hours (Bove)
- Actions of Herbs: A Basic Skill to Master to Become an Effective Herbalist -- 1.5 hours (Stansbury)
Students must complete the following recordings and pass the related quizzes with 75% or better. Repeated attempts are permitted.
- Botanicals for ME-CFS-SEID -- 1.25 hours (Spelman)
- Restorative Medicine Herbs for Mitochondrial Function -- 2 hours (Spelman)
- Restorative Medicine Herb Review by Mechanisms -- 2 hours, (Bove)