The Foundations of Herbal Medicine module consists of 10 hours of presentations, organized into three categories: Herb Pharmacology (5 hours), Mitochondrial Function (3 hours), & Herb Mechanisms (2 hours).
5 hours total
The following presentations are recorded webinars which can be listened to at the convenience of the student and must be completed prior to the spring herb conference. Student must pass the related quizzes with 75% or better.
- Herbs, Holism and Science: An Introduction to Phytochemistry, Pharmacology, and Pharmacokinetics -- 2 hours (Bove)
- The Need for Phytochemistry in Human Health and Ecological Pharmacology -- 2 hours (Spelman)
- Assessing Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion & Herb-Drug Interactions -- 1 hour (Zampieron)
The following 3 hours of Traditional Herbalism presentations are optional:
- Intro to Medical Herbalism: The Science and Practice of Herbal Medicine -- 1.5 hours (Bove)
- Actions of Herbs: A Basic Skill to Master to Become an Effective Herbalist -- 1.5 hours (Stansbury)
3 hours total
The following presentation is a recorded webinar which can be listened to at the convenience of the student prior to the Annual Restorative Medicine Conference. Students must complete the following recording and pass the related quiz with 75% or better:
- Botanicals for ME-CFS-SEID -- 1 hour (Spelman)
The remaining 2 hours of Mitochondrial topics will be completed in a live webinar - see webinar schedule.
- Restorative Medicine Herbs for Mitochondrial Function -- 2 hours (Spelman)
2 hours total
Two hours of the Herb Mechanism topics will be completed in a live webinar - see webinar schedule:
- Restorative Medicine Herb Review by Mechanisms -- 2 hours, (Bove)