Are you inspired to learn the foundations about how to use herbs to improve treatment outcomes, but don’t know where to start? Finally, there’s a botanical medicine program designed for busy physicians like you. Earn up to 60 CME Credits!
The Restorative Medicine Herbal Certification program fills an existing gap in botanical medicine education for practitioners whose medical education did not include herbs. Other herbal medicine programs take hundreds of hours to complete, and they are designed to teach traditional herbal medicine to students with little or no medical background. They teach lengthy lists of herbs, many of which you’ll never use.
The traditional approach isn’t practical for a busy practicing integrative physician. That’s why we created the Restorative Medicine Herbal Certification program, designed to offer concise, clinically relevant education on modern herbal treatments. The program builds on your existing clinical experience; expands your proficiency in natural treatments; and offers flexibility to fit into your busy schedule.
Courses are presented by experts in their field, who have both extensive herb knowledge and clinical experience. The faculty is diverse — including MDs, NDs, PhDs, and DCs — in order to bring a balanced perspective from many points of view. These experts will share real case studies and deliver botanical medicine treatment concepts that are proven to get results in the real world.
The program is delivered via a combination of in-person events, online webinars and on demand recordings, all designed to accommodate your busy schedule.
What You Will Learn:
- Drug, herb and nutrients interactions
- Herb safety and contraindications, based on clinical experiences, not theoretical research
- How to evaluate herb supplement quality
- Gain confidence in using therapeutic dosing for clinical results
Why We’re Different
Here’s how the Restorative Medicine Herbal Certification is different than other programs:
- The program is focused on herbal applications without spending a lot of time teaching clinical basics.
- Experts will teach the mechanisms of action for the most commonly used herbs, and train doctors on how to apply their understanding of plant pharmacology to other clinical conditions. Unlike other herbal medicine courses, our approach is not about rote memorization of lists of herbs.
- We offer patient-centered learning based on what really works.
Details You Need to Know
- Registered participants can start the on demand recordings portion of the program as early as January 1, 2019. Participants must complete the 5 hour Herb Foundations Lessons, an on-demand course, before attending the 2019 Spring Herb Seminar in Miami, Florida.
- Program registration will close approximately April 1.
- Coursework will be completed through a combination of on-demand learning (listening to recorded presentations and completing quizzes), live webinars (must participate live to earn CME), reading articles, and attending 2 conferences in person (the 2019 Spring Herb Seminar in Miami and the 2019 Annual Restorative Medicine Conference in San Diego).
- Recordings of the entire program are included in the registration price.
Program Schedule and Structure
Here is a birdseye view of the program.
|Format||Modules / Lessons||Hours Covered||Speakers||Date|
|On-Demand Recordings||Herb Foundations Module: Herb Pharmacology Lessons||5 hours + quizzes||Mary Bove, ND; Jill Stansbury, ND; Kevin Spelman, PhD; Eugene Zampieron, ND||Complete before attending the 2019 Spring Herb Seminar|
|2019 Restorative Medicine Herb Seminar in Miami||Cardiology Module: Metabolic Syndrome and Glucose Control Lessons||2||Chris Hobbs, PhD||Miami 5/14-16|
|Cardiology Module: Cardiology Lessons||3||Chris Hobbs, PhD||Miami 5/14-16|
|Neurology and Neurotransmitters Module||4||Charis Lindrooth, DC||Miami 5/14-16|
|Gastroenterology Module||5||Mary Bove, ND||Miami 5/14-16|
|Immunology and Autoimmune Conditions Module||3||Charis Lindrooth, DC||Miami 5/14-16|
|Live Webinars||Men’s Health Module||2||Geo Espinosa, ND||See webinar schedule|
|Cardiology Module: Metabolic Syndrome and Glucose Control Lessons||1||TBD||See webinar schedule|
|Herb Foundations Module: Detoxification Lessons||2||Crystal Silas, MD||See webinar schedule|
|Oncology Module||4||Chanchal Cabrera, RH and Michael Friedman, ND||See webinar schedule|
|Herb Foundations Module: Herbal Mechanisms Lessons||2||Michael Friedman, ND||See webinar schedule|
|Sponsored Webinars||5||TBD||See webinar schedule|
|2019 Annual Restorative Medicine Conference in San Diego||Women’s Health Module||4||Tieraona Low Dog, MD||9/12/2019- 9/15/2019|
|Endocrinology Module: Adrenal Lessons||2||Tieraona Low Dog, MD|
|Herb Foundations Module: Mitochondrial Function Lessons||3||Kevin Spelman, PhD|
|Endocrinology Module: Thyroid Lessons||2||Michael Friedman, ND|
|Cardiology Module: Cardiology Lessons||1||Decker Weiss, ND|
|On Demand Recordings*||Herb Foundations Module: Herb Pharmacology Lessons||5 hours||Mary Bove, ND; Jill Stansbury, ND; Kevin Spelman, PhD; Eugene Zampieron, ND|
|Gastroenterology Module||1 hour||Jillian Stansbury, ND|
|Neurology and Neurotransmitters Module||2 hours||Kevin Spelman, PhD; John Woytowicz MD; Jillian Stansbury, ND; Michael Friedman, ND|
|Cardiology Module: Cardiology Lessons||1.5 hours||Michael Friedman, ND; Eugene Zampieron, ND|
|Women’s Health Module||2 hours||Mary Bove, ND; Jillian Stansbury, ND|
|Men’s Health Module||3 hours||Eugene Zampieron, ND|
|Endocrinology Module: Thyroid Lessons||2 hours||David Brownstein, MD; Kevin Spelman, PhD|
|Endocrinology Module: Adrenal Lessons||2 hours||Aviva Romm, MD; Eugene Zampieron, ND; David Winston, RH|
|Immunology & Autoimmune Module||2 hours||Chris Hobbs, PhD; Darin Ingels, ND|
|Herb Foundations Module: Mitochondrial Function Lessons||1 hour||Kevin Spelman, PhD|
|JRM Articles||Various Topics||5 CME||Read on- demand|
Total CME Breakdown: 60 CME + 20 hours on-demand courses*
*It is required to complete on-demand recordings and related quizzes to earn certification, however recordings are not eligible for CME credits.